Setup G Suite to be used with Quickbooks
Modified on: Tue, 12 Mar, 2019 at 10:34 AM
Have your Google Apps Administrator enable or enforce Less secure apps in your account.
- Sign in to the Google Admin console at admin.google.com (You MUST be an Administrator for your company)
- Click Security > Basic settings.
- Under Less secure apps, select Go to settings for less secure apps.
- In the subwindow, select the Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps radio button (this option allows each user to toggle their access on or off) OR select Enforce access to less secure apps for all users (this option allows all users to sign in through less secure apps).
- If you choose Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps, you’ll have to have each user needing QuickBooks email access do the following:
- Go to the “Less secure apps” section in My Account.
- Next to “Access for less secure apps,” select Turn on.
- With 2 Step Turned On is Recommended; older versions on QuickBooks might require you to have an App Specific Password you can get here otherwise use your G Suite Password and verify with 2 Step Text Message with Quickbooks..
Change preferences for sending forms in QuickBooks.
- Click Edit > Preferences.
- In the list at the left of the Preferences window, click the Send Forms icon.
- In the Send email using section, select Webmail.
- Click the Add button. QuickBooks opens the Add Email Info window.
- In the Email Id field, enter your email address.
- In the Email Provider field, choose Others.
- In the Server Name field, enter “smtp-relay.gmail.com” (without quotations).
- In the Port field, enter 587.
- Ensure the SSL box is checked.
- Click OK.
- Click OK again to exit the preferences window.
- Test using a QuickBooks form!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.