Internet outages and long plane rides shouldn’t prevent you from working in Drive.
Set up offline access so that the next time you don’t have internet access, you can view your documents, shuffle folders around, and edit files stored in Drive.
Important: To make sure other people can’t see your files, set up offline access on computers that only belong to you.
On the web
Chrome browser only
Set up offline access for Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files on the web:
- In Drive, click Settings settings > Settings.
- In the Offline section, check the edit offline box.
- Click Done.
On your computer
Set up offline access for PDFs, Microsoft® Office® files, and more on your desktop:
- Click Drive File Stream.
- Click Open Google Drive folder.
- Right-click the file or folder you want to access offline.
- Click Drive File Stream > Available offline.
On Mobile Devices
- Find the file in the Google Drive App you want to Save for Offline use
- Click Menu on the File Name
- Toggle Available Offline from off to on