Before people on your team can sign in and use your organization's Google services (for example, G Suite or Cloud Identity), they need a user account. If you have many users, you can add their accounts all at once from a spreadsheet. Also see Options for adding users.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Add users from a spreadsheet
Step 1: Download the template file
- In your Google Admin console (at admin.google.com)...
- Go to Users.
- Point to Add new user and click Bulk upload users .
- Download the sample CSV (comma-separated values) template.
- Open the CSV file in a spreadsheet application, such as Google Sheets or Microsoft® Excel.
The file has columns for the attributes that can appear in each user's profile. Profiles appear in the Admin console and users' Contacts manager.
Step 2: Enter users' information
- For each user you want to add, enter information in these columns in the spreadsheet:
- (Optional) Fill in the other columns only if you want. Otherwise, you can leave them blank.
See the format guidelines below for help with entering information in columns, especially:
- Multiple values in a column
- Values with commas or line breaks, such as a physical address
Step 3: Save the file
After you've filled in the spreadsheet, save it as a CSV file (.csv).
- Maximum CSV file size is 35 MB.
- Maximum number of records per file is 150,000.
If your file is larger or has too many records, open it in your spreadsheet program, split the table into separate files, and save each one as a CSV file. Make sure you include the column headings row in all CSV files.
- To upload non-ASCII or double byte usernames, first save the CSV file in UTF-8, including BOM.
Step 4: Upload the file
- After you've filled in the spreadsheet, save it as a CSV file.
- On the Users page, point to Add new user and click Bulk upload users .
- Click Attach CSV.
- Click Upload. If there's an error, enter the missing information in your spreadsheet and upload the file again. For more information, see common errors below.
Your Tasks list opens automatically and shows the progress of the upload. Once processing is complete, you'll receive an email report.
If there's a processing error, download the log file in your Tasks list. For more information, see common errors below.
It can take up to 24 hours for new users to access G Suite services and appear in the global Directory. Learn more about the global Directory.